Powered by Blogger.

Where to find my bank account number?

When I first had my bank account, this is the first thing i asked myself. "What is my account number?" I was only 16 years old that time when i started my own account. I hope i did not forget anything from my list but this is where we usually see our account number.

1. Welcome letter from our bank when we open a new bank account.

The welcome letter is the first letter we receive from our bank from the time we open our bank account. We, Americans does not usually sit down and read our letter specially if its coming from the bank since we think its just a piece of advertisement.

2. Check book or check.


We write checks alot and sometimes we don't realize that checks also contains our account number. This is the main reason why our banks has to change our account number in case we lose our checks or at least a piece of check. From the bottom of our check, we will see our account number. This is second set of numbers located at the bottom of our check or depending on the check format but most of the time the account number is the one with the largest set of numbers since the routing number is usually 9 digits only. 

3. Online banking.

If you have online banking then you should definitely see where your account number by looking at the your statement. Some banks set up online banking where full account number can be found right from the time you logged in to your bank account. But, for some national banks, account number is found at the PDF or ADOBE online statement only when it is pulled up.

4. Paper Statements.


If you love to receive a regular love letter from the bank, this must be your fastest source. You will definitely see your account number on your paper statement.

5. By visiting the banking location.

This is for worst case scenario, when you don't have checks, paper statements or online banking. Most definite and sure way to clarify if you got the correct copy of your account number is by visiting the banking location or the branch. 

Now, we no longer have to call our bank and play stubborn asking for a copy of our account number. I tried one time and talked to a customer service representative from my bank and they really don't provide this information over the phone but good thing options was given to me. Hope this post helps. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment